Forums Forums HSCC Events STICKY: 2017 Meeting Minutes

  • Author
    Posts
  • Erich BaumgartnerErichB
    Participant
    Post count: 76

    This thread is a placeholder for the HSCC meeting minutes. The topics discussed at the meetings, their results, and attendance will be noted here. When the year ends, the old topic will be un-stickied and a new one will be created.

     

    February Meeting Minutes

    Banquet is all paid for. Need to get insurance policy on file at event sites. Membership is now open. Need to schedule trailer clean out and only leave nessecities. Door on trailer to be fixed this year. Leaf blower will be serviced soon. Now have info business cards to pass out and especially to be given out in Franklin to the locals. Website has been updated. Tire Rack Teen Street Survival School registration is now open. Officers will meet for training on website/computer stuff.

    • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debra Mercer VANOSteam17.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debra Mercer VANOSteam17.
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    March Meeting

    Annual Insurance paid along with first 4 events. No Donaldson event. Trailer clean out has started. Trailer door to be scheduled for repair during midseason brake. Looking into borrowing a hitch balancer to try out before making commitment to buy one. Another computer training meeting to be scheduled. Need annual tech stickers for upcoming event. Bill Wade’s newsletter included a letter from a very pleased parent about the Tire Rack Teen Street Survival school that we held.

  • Andrew Foleyandrewfoley49
    Participant
    Post count: 9

    Glad to hear about the business cards. Since I’m local here in Franklin I can do my best to pass them out and get the word out. Just get me a bunch whenever yall can.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    April Meeting Minutes

    We are off to a great turnout at the day and night series. Novice school went well but would still like to shoot for more instructors. Will now add a worker station for writing down finish times at all events for backup. 67 members so far. We have 7 students currently signed up for Tire Rack Teen Street Survival school for June 3rd. Be on the look out for the volunteer thread for this as well as the flyer to get the word out. We need both instructors(takes a small amount of time to be certified if you have not done so) and workers(you just have to show up) to make this event run smooth.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    May Meeting Minutes

    Novice will run with the classes and not as a separate group.

    Teen Survival June 3.

    Computer work on hold.

    Call to get trailer door looked at.

    Live timing is still in testing mode.

    July 4th day series to be a charity event. 1st runs in morning would count for points while 2nd runs after lunch would be fun runs to raise money to be donated.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    June Meeting Minutes

    15 students for teen survival. Would like to be able to rotate workers in the future.

    Club to purchase 2 more canopies that are on sale and needed for events.

    Testing of live timing went well at day series and will continue to be tested.

    Z-box has a new battery.

    Looking at options for replacing officer shirts and getting price quotes.

    Looking at putting novices in a different color worker vest.

    Would like to split driver meeting up with the novices getting extra instruction while experienced drivers can be assigned their worker station so all novices are not at the same worker station.

    • Mark WallSound Guy
      Participant
      Post count: 113

      Canopies have been purchased and placed in the trailer.
      Z-Box (with new battery) has been placed in trailer.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    July Meeting Minutes

    Gained 2 new members. Money raised July 4th will be given to the Skyland Fire Dept. The SCCA rules apply to all new cars. The rule is a 1:1 ratio of track width to height. Officers can still answer questions about this. Looking at ideas for a new computer for next year. An email needs to be generated to make sure novices register correctly before race. We are having to fix too many numbers for novices. Coarse workers need to be aware of calling in reruns for vehicles that need one. Possibly looking into a person to let the vehicles know if they get a rerun. Also might need to assign a safety steward that would continuely watch for safety concerns and have spectators sign waiver as they come in after the autocross starts.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    August meeting minutes.

    Officer shirts are almost done. Just over 50 at last event. Banquet will be at same place(Barley’s). If anyone has other ideas, please post them on the message board with prices and contacts. We usually have around 150 people. If anyone has ideas for the meeting attendance raffle and/or trophies please post them on the message board as well. Starting to look at new program ideas. Need quote on the trailer to get fixed and club stickers. John is going to get quotes on helmets. Going to start to have an officer in the trailer to watch the computer in case there are problems so they can get fixed right away. New rule: any vehicle/kart/race-car with exposed header or exhaust will need to have a wrap or have it painted with contrast colors to distinguish it from surrounding parts. This is to keep someone from touching it and burning their hand/body parts.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    September Meeting Minutes

    No more events for the year. We had a good season. Trailer door will be fixed before next season. Still looking for computer ideas or for anyone wanting to donate one. Banquet still to be held at Barleys unless anyone presents another idea with prices. Talked about trophies. Keith will purchase the FTD trophy for car and Kart. Helmet bags and hats were brought up as ideas. Please post any ideas along with a price per item. The trailer may get new vinyls. We want to purchase good outdoor stickers. Nominations for club officers will be in October and the voting will happen in November.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    October Meeting Minutes

    Trailer door was rebuilt and works great. Bought new trailer tire to replace the one that had blown. Decals for trailer will be done for next season. Looking for deals on a computer. No hill climb was decided after looking at an area. Officer shirts will be done by banquet. Will pick venue for banquet next month. Still have time to put in any recommendations. There could possibly be an admission to attend banquet. Voting on officers will happen at next meeting in November. Nominations are as follow:

    President-Erich B., Chris P., Mark W.

    Vice President-Erich B.

    Treasure- Luke A.

    Autocross Chair-Daniel S.

    Membership-Daniel S., Cody J.

    Communications-Shannon N.

    Secretary-Debra M.

    Board of Directers(4 spots to fill)-Dave S., Shane E., Drew R., John A., Cameron A., Chris P.

     

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    November meeting minutes

    Looking into gathering more worker vests to replace mesh ones for next year. Members will have to register with Motorsports this year to attend banquet. It will be $10 a person with a max of 3 or more(family)  being $25 total. Going to contact two venues to decide which one. Going to watch Black Friday deals for a laptop. Helmet bags have been decided on for awards. Post here if you have any ideas for raffle prizes that will be given for attendance at meetings. The Ag Center has been contacted for dates for next year. When they are set, then Franklin will be reached for possible dates. Elections for officers were tonight and are as follows for next year:

    President- Mark W.

    Vice President- Erich B.

    Autocross Chair- Daniel S.

    Membership- Cody J.

    Communications- Shannon N.

    Treasure- Luke A.

    Secretary- Debra M.

    Board of Directors(4)- Drew R., John A., Chris P., Keith Y.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 74

    December Meeting Minutes

    A computer has been purchased for the club. Banquet date of January 14th has been secured at Two Guys Pizza in Hendersonville and will be held from 3pm-6pm. Event fees will increase $5 for the 2018 season. Membership will stay the same price. There will also be a charge for fun runs. The 2018 schedule is set. Tape numbers have been approved but has to be contrasting color of vehicle and pass tech.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.