Forums Forums HSCC Events 2022 HSCC Meeting Minutes

  • Author
    Posts
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    January 2022 Officer Zoom Meeting

    We have money. Keith proposed capping night series at 80 participants and could possibly increase over time. This was voted on and approved. Tabled teen driving school till February meeting. BF Goodrich wants to be a sponsor this year. 2 sponsors have paid for 2022.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    February 2022 Zoom Meeting

    We have money and 28 total memberships so far for 2022. We stayed in budget for banquet and have paid for the first 2 events. Tabling timing with David. Found one low battery for T-link. Flags are fixed, awning still needs to be repaired, and items will be de-winterized before first event. Brian will archive old results and update sponsors on website. A sponsor link will be added at the top of the website for easy access. Frank mentioned to remove paper forms off website and just have some available to fill out in-person. Tabling selling hats and possibly giving some away. Wanting to do more emails and follow-up phone calls. Frank plans to possibly reach out to the Western Car Club. Tabling till October for a possible Teen Street Survival School for next year(2023). We won’t host one this year.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    March 2022 Zoom Meeting

    We have 42 total memberships. We have money. Half of the sponsors have paid. Still need to archive old times. Keith has up-graded and organized the trailer and made some fixes. Need to replace the air compressor. Got approval to bring trailer in on Friday before day series events. Dave has one timing system and we have the older one and is working good. Preston proposed to add a hot spot on Brian’s plan and reimburse him each month. Was voted and approved up to a $15 amount. We have plenty of drywall. Brian to take on the annual tech stickers at first event. Frank gave autocross chair position to Preston for night series. Work on making numbers more clear and use grid workers to help with this.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    April 2022 Zoom Meeting

    We have money. 106 memberships. Still need to reach out to Dave. Raj donated brake fluid and we are to come up with an idea to give it out. 55 tech stickers have been sold. Tech worked to help make numbers better. Keith is looking for a 6-7 gallon bucket. We sold out of all the hats and tabling if we will reorder more. The last day series events overlaps with NCAC. Plan so far is to keep our dates. Frank motioned to charge at time of registration on motor sports reg and up hold our 24 hour cancellation policy. Was voted on and approved. Will be posted on the website and other places to get the word out. Ryan will help with making sure all posts are up. Will leave waitlist active. Keith proposed for our donation at the end of the year be made to the Ag Center. Preston made a motion and this was voted on and approved. Brian will order a computer and set it up in the trailer for permit use. This will update things for us. It will cost $600-$650. Preston motioned to approve this purchase and was voted on and approved. Events went good with improvement to the night series. Will need to park trailer differently to keep from driving on grass. Will make a new music list to play on new computer. Grid and driver’s meeting will be reminding workers to report immediately. Hoping to shave some time between run groups.

  • Keith YoungTEAMEFFORT
    Moderator
    Post count: 1416

    MAY 2022 Officer Meeting

    HSCC has 115 memberships. The (15) GE membership payments have been collected and deposited in the Club bank. Thanks Justin
    The Club Financial report is good, the last two NS events were profitable.
    All 2021 event results for all DS events have now been added to the HSCC “Results Archive” on the web site. Thanks Frank
    All 2021 event results for all NS events have now been added to the HSCC “Results Archive” on the web site. Thanks Frank

    The Club is working on get more HSCC hats made.
    The Older T-Links and the Race-America Infrared Battery Powered Beam Emitter, have been performing well so far this year.
    Thanks Frank for posting Night Series #4 Event Results so fast. 👍 Thanks Bob and Frank

    Visible Numbers on cars was much improved at NS#3 and NS#4 ???🏁🚕 Thanks Richard and others in tech.
    Justen took some HSCC walkie talkie to make repairs this last few weeks and has 4 more working for a total of 13 working now. Thanks Justen!
    We need someone to take on upkeep and care for HSCC walkie talkies and there chargers.
    Update on the HSCC Jet-Pack Hotspot. It is it working well, and we are happy with it? 🙂 Thanks Brian

    We need more people trained and capable of turning on the hot spot and using it for timing, scoring and live timing.
    Discussed, Getting more people trained on how to use HSCC Live Timing.
    Discussed, how to get 5 runs at NS events.
    Discussed, how to get NS events started on time. Get First Vehicle Off: 7:00 pm

    Bryan will be working on The New and Improved Timing computer for HSCC during the month of May.
    (63) Annual tech stickers for 2022 have been sold so far this year. This is by far the most ever for HSCC.
    (Asheville Porsche club) For this year are invited to join with out regular Autocross events.
    Seeking donation of a 6 gallon bucket for the Club Trailer. Sean Belanger ordered one, and will bring it on the 17th. Thanks Sean

    Dave Anderson will be looking at the newer T-Link timing system when he gets the time.
    Thanks to Josh Smathers for towing the Club trailer to Autocross events and returning it safely!!! Thanks Josh
    A (4) minute recording of our 2022 sponsors was put on a zip drive by Archie for us to play through the clubs sound system. Thanks Archie
    Discussed, how changing at registration for Night Series events is working out. Much Better!!! Thank Dave Sluder

    It has been great to have some announcing at the NS events again this year.
    Efforts are being made to get the FM Broadcasting working again.
    Pothole repair needed at the Ag-Center.

    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Keith Young TEAMEFFORT.
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    June Zoom Meeting

    We have money. Porta john for day series was paid for. All future day series have been paid. Frank motioned capping at 85 with no wait list for next night series event. Keith second it and was voted on and approved. Porsche club was contacted. Dave A. still has new t-links. Keith ordered 6 more radios. Live timing is working better. Sold more tech annual stickers. Will table changes to annual tech stickers till next season. Teams for next meeting and discuss an in-person location.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    July 2022 Meeting

    We now have a total of 128 members. We have money. The storage unit is paid for the year. One sponsor still needs to pay. 16 total working walkies. Brian D. to donate TV to club. New computer should be done by next event. Preston motioned to update AxWare software with cost around $279 and set-up with a generic account. It was voted on and approved. We have hats for sale. A post on FaceBook should be made just before next event. Keith will send pics to Frank of the hats. Waiting for vinyl for the trailer. Looking for cone deals with another club. Was brought about starting the process of voting on and purchasing a new trailer. Would like new trailer to have AC and a ramp for sure. Banquet will be planned by Keith and Patti for this year. Club was asked to help with the Triumph event end of September of 2023. Officers present discussed and came up with a proposal to send to Triumph club with what we would need to help and that we should be able to make it happen.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    August 2022

    We gained 3 more members and have been profitable. Still need new axware update. Triumph event date reserved and will table till next meeting. Frank proposed to change night series coarse halfway through season because of having so many events. Will table this for another meeting and also club trailer voting. Have to find trailer tires because connection fell through. Frank will fix night series points. Speaker wire needs to be fixed again. We are keeping the night series at 85 and no waitlist.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    September 2022

    We have money and 2 more members making it a total of 136 members. Axeware update needs to be done by friday and Cam was working to reset the account for it to be taken over. Tabling the Triumph club event. We are set on the annual tech stickers and wrist bands to finish out the season. Will need more wrist bands for next year. There will be no tie break for trophies this year. Both participants will receive a trophy for the same winning position. Keith is working hard on the banquet and will update as needed. Club is still wanting a custom trailer and planning needs to happen for that. Frank will ask at ETR for info about buying cones through them.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    October Meeting

    We have money and no new members have joined. Need to purchase a battery back-up incase the trailer loses power briefly from the generator stopping. Triumph event tabled. Possible Jan. 15th date for banquet. Will be looking into lighting options for back corner where it was dark during our awards ceremony. New computers are working well. Will be playing sponsorship recording at least 3 times throughout the races. Debra to check into French Fryz location for officer meeting. Debra to do a Facebook post about nominations and where they will be accepted. Noise meter needs batteries and will be used at next night series around start and station 1. For cars that don’t pass, they will be told they have to fix before racing next year. It will be noted who was told their car was too loud for our events.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 103

    November In-Person Meeting

    We have money. No new members. Frank proposed having club meetings in-person quarterly. Was voted on and approved. Most day series were profitable. Tabling the talk about 2 different night series coarses and uping the number of participants. Banquet details will be announced soon and how to register. Club is interested in doing a teen street survival school next year.

    Congrats to the following officers for 2023:

    President: Justin McKee
    Vice President: Daniel Semon
    Autocross Chair: Frank Forcino
    Treasurer: Patty Young
    Secretary: Debra Mercer
    Communications: Nick Haseloff
    Membership: April Cretsinger
    Timing and Scoring: Brian Dickens
    Board Members: Josh Smathers, Marcus Stucker, Katelynne Mercer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.