Forums Forums HSCC Events 2019 Meeting Minutes

  • Author
    Posts
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    This thread is a placeholder for the HSCC meeting minutes. 

     

    February Meeting

    We finished strong financially at the end of the year. Banquet had a good turn out of just over 70 people. The website and constitution are getting updates. New point system was brought up and will be revisited with examples of what last season would have looked like. Trailer clean out will be scheduled before first race. A new mic may be needed and will be tested during the cleanout of the trailer. Live timing has been tested and works. Next step is to test it with our timing lights and get a usable link on the website. The cellular data use is being evaluated to see if more data is needed for the hot spot to run live timing. New cones and tech stickers still need to be ordered.

    • This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Debra Mercer VANOSteam17.
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    March Meeting

    Trailer clean out will be done before first race. Novice class will now be a RAW time for everyone running novice. Still looking into cones. Ryan is going to work on ordering 2019 tech stickers. Shane is going to check on the data plan for being able to run live timing. Change of By laws of the constitution will be voted on at the first autocross. Changes to the Novice Rules and Guide lines was passed. It was brought up to start talking about 3 run groups to transition workers. The website was voted to be moved to Shannon’s server which will save the club money. Cody will delegate the Autocross Chair position to Cameron in his absence.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    April Meeting

    There was 113 registered for first night series and 85 attended. Event went well except for some glitches in timing and display. Mark is going to fix the faulty power cable. Volunteers have stepped up to help next night series in Grid and Start. Grid:Keith, Art, Dave, Steve H. and Chris P. Start:Daniel and Ryan C. Workers doing waivers now have aprons to carry supplies. Motion made by Mark W. to renew and upgrade our service contract with Axeware. Motion was aprroved. Daniel appointed Mark to purchase batteries. An announcement was made that the Minis at the Dragon participants will be running an auto-x on the morning of May 4th in Franklin. Afternoon will be for test and tune event sponsored by the club. Need to ask John for info to market on Web and Facebook. Cameron will post a clean-up note for trailer. Shane called and asked for someone to help market TRSS. Daniel will report back to Shane but until then we will help market the TRSS on Webpage and Facebook. We need to update the flyer. Shane said BMW Club and Tarheel will help market. BMW is expanding registration on Motorsports Reg. A post will be made on the forum for a truck and driver to deliver the HSCC trailer to Franklin.

  • Keith YoungTEAMEFFORT
    Moderator
    Post count: 310

    Thanks Debra

    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Keith Young TEAMEFFORT.
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    May Meeting

    Autocross School went well. Keith mentioned charging an extra $10 to help with cost. First day series went well. The club paid for an update on Axeware but no service contract. We have until July 31st to do the service contract. Taxes are filed. Financially on track to do well again. All insurance dues are paid for the whole year. Going to look into a permanent tag for the trailer. Keith motioned getting another leaf blower and it was approved. Keith is in charge of making that purchase. Annual tech stickers are selling. Motion made by Daniel for officers to carry radios during autocrosses. Would have to buy 4 to 6 radios. All was approved. Dave mentioned to have separate channel for grid to communicate.The trailer clean out date will be posted on the forum. Keith will put some shelves in the storage unit. Keith motioned to buy correct ball for trailer towing and it was approved. John mentioned having a seperate novice drivers meeting. We need a person designated to keeping time at events. Timing is needing new batteries(4 of them) antennas for the t-links. We need to promote our sponsor more. We need volunteers for the TRSS school to sign up on the forum. Need to vote on club shirts next meeting. Cameron will start a banner committee. Grid will be mapped out for next race.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    June Meeting

    Both Autocross events went well. Don’t have exact numbers for finances on TRSS school. Need to work on getting local sponsors next year for the TRSS school. Keith made a motion for advertisement to be put on trailer in exchange for fixing the crease on the trailer. Was 2nd by Chris and approved by votes. Cody made motion for new flags to draw attention to events. Was 2nd by Keith and approved by votes. Talked about how to enforce correct number size/color on vehicles. Safety talk of making sure workers are told to look at all areas and be mindful of where they are placed. Only had to buy a few items to finish hanging shelves in the storage unit. Future tech stickers are being stored away. Ag Center can’t offer us our normal lot on the July 4th event because of horse trailers that will be parked in the lot. John motioned to have July 4th event at Franklin if the AG Center doesn’t have a big enough lot to substitute. It was brought up that the car sounds might disturb the horses. Chris was going to call the AG Center. It was mentioned to buy a new computer for timing.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    July Meeting

    Minutes were approved. Day series in June didn’t make money and July 4th event had to be cancelled. Still working on the finalization of the flag design and getting it ordered. Sponsor stickers updated on trailer. Chris motioned to boost advertising in Franklin by Facebook($20-$40 budget), contacting businesses and hanging up flyers about our events. Was second and approved. Cameron motioned to qualify for day series points at a minimum of 4 events. Was second and approved. For NCAC event, parking needs to be secured, schedule of mowing upper lot and getting an extra port-a-John. Cameron motioned for trailer repairs. Need to redo junction box because of the trailer wheel that locked up. Was 2nd and approved.

  • Cameron AlbeaCameron Albea
    Moderator
    Post count: 305

    August Meeting

    Treasurer report – Revenue was over $2000 for the NS5, net was around $1240. We should be fine on money for the remainder of events.

    Autocross report – NS5 had 81 attendees, things seemed to run well. Timing ran mostly without glitches, though a few fixes are in the works to prevent any further problems that could crop up.

    Constitution and bylaws have been updated on the website. Reimbursement check for the TRSSS event is on its way. Facebook ads for the last NS produced 40 responses, with an estimated 20 or so people coming to the event as a result. In total, they reached 2168 people for only ~$20. We’ll plan to continue ads, spending double on day series events in order to attract more people. Daniel reached out to Darryl “Killboy” Cannon of…well, Killboy. We’ll plan to pass our schedule along to them for next year so that they can post it on their calendar since they’re just an hour away. We may also look into doing some cross promotion with them.

    Club flag project is being finished up, Shannon is controlling that project. We’re looking into doing stickers and/or t-shirts with TCS Printing. Keith is going to look into that and report back. NCAC is coming up soon. Parking should be fine up to about 100 entrants. Officers and volunteers will be needed to help run the event.

    Officer nominations will be coming up soon, many key positions will be available. Luke will not be available to serve as treasurer, and Cameron and Cody will also likely not be available for autocross chair duties.

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Cameron Albea Cameron Albea.
  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    September Meeting

    We had a successful day and night series. Still waiting on TRSS school check. Got some timing support and different tricks to try for our timing system. Been having problems with it. We got the new flag in. A cooler is now in the trailer. A file cabinet was donated to hold tech stickers, waiver forms, etc which will be placed in the storage building. Discussion of end of year
    trophies should be coming up. Still looking for a good deal on a club laptop. It is still 2 drops per series this year for points. Motion was made by Shannon for autocross rules explaining point determination to be 20% of events and round up to determine drops for year 2020. Cameron 2nd the motion made by Shannon. Any discrepancies in points can be addressed by messaging an officer. Club t-shirt cost is on message board for discussion. It has been brought to attention that there aren’t as many repeat novices at the day series. Idea was to email novices for future events. Annual tech will be ready to sell 1st event next year.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    October meeting

    NCAC event was profitable and the free food was a hit with everyone. The second day series for this month had a loss. The new banner grabbed the attention of a couple people to come watch in Franklin. Need to talk to Shannon about how Facebook advertising is going. At the next day and night series, Cameron will ask for a show of hands who was reached by social media to see if it is reaching people to come out to race and/or spectate. Buying a new computer has been tabled for now. The hotspot needs to be upgraded and the account changed over to Chris’s name. ETR is willing to work with us to order cones but we will need to let them know by next summer, at the latest August or September, so that we can order the same time they do. Advertising on the trailer for next year was brought up to be the same price and charge more for the bigger spaces. Points will be changed on the website for next year. The points will also be accumulated on our AxeWare software. The TRSS check is on its way. We need to order trophies sooner this year. Trophy decision to be decided at next car club meeting. Keith will contact Two Guys Pizza about the January 12th and 19th date that was proposed in the meeting. Keith and Patti will take charge of planning the banquet. They will also purchase the prizes for attending the monthly meetings. It will be $10 per person and $25 for a family of three or more. Nominations Will be taken on the club’s Facebook page. The current nominations are as follows:
    President: Daniel S.

    Vice President: John A.

    Autocross Chair:

    Communications: Shannon N.

    Membership: David S., Patti Y.

    Secretary: Debra M.

    Treasurer: Chris P., Keith Y.

    Board of Directors(4 spots total):
    Linda S., Chris P., Cameron A., Keith Y., David S., Patti Y.

  • Debra MercerVANOSteam17
    Moderator
    Post count: 63

    November Meeting

    Minutes were approved. Banquet is scheduled on January 12, 2020 at Two Guys Pizza from 3pm-6pm. Hotspot account to be moved to new treasure’s name or HSCC name. Cameron will edit end of year photos for the trophies. Keith will be ordering plaques. Motion was made to put up online votes earlier next year and was second. Ballots will be destroyed. Formal letter needs to be done for treasurer. Shannon will set up new officers to access the message board. Mike Russel to accept Rookie of the Year award. Trailer repairs will be done over break which include trailer tong and brakes. John is working on next year’s dates. Motion to have officer meeting about next year’s day series events. That is scheduled on November 19th at 8pm for a conference call with current and new officers. Motion for Print on Demand t-shirts to be set up. Elections were held and the results for 2020 officers are as follows:
    President-Daniel S.
    Vice President-John A.
    Treasurer-Keith Y.
    Autocross Chair-John W.
    Secretary-Debra M.
    Membership-David S.
    Communications-Shannon N.
    Board of Directors(4)-Cameron A., Mike B., Frank F., Chris P.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.